How to Take Care of Your Lips This Summer (Plus 4 Natural Ingredients for Soft, Hydrated Lips)
Summer is here and that means more time spent outdoors. And just like you have to step up your skincare when you’re spending more time out in the sun, you also have to step up your lip care.
With that in mind, we’ve put together your summer lip care regimen to keep your lips soft, supple and hydrated as the days heat up. And stay with us until the end when we reveal the four natural ingredients you can use to keep you lips at their best no matter what the season.
Step #1 - Drink Water
One of the most common signs of dehydration is dry, chapped lips. It’s your body’s way of telling you that you need more water!
To keep your lips, mouth, and body hydrated, you should focus on drinking at least eight 8-ounce glasses of water each and every day. Easy ways to hit this goal are:
- Start your morning by drinking a glass or two of water to get you on the right track.
- Drink a glass of water every time you go to the bathroom.
- Drink a full glass of water before every meal.
#2 - Scrub It Up
For some of us, despite our best efforts to stay hydrated, dry, chapped skin will still build up on our fragile lips. Yet, you don’t have to live with that cracked look.
Instead, make your own natural lip scrub to whisk away the dead skin and encourage the growth of newer, healthier skin. A great way to do this is by combining olive oil with a half a teaspoon of sugar. Simply mix and apply to lips and then rinse away.
#3 – Try a Lip Mask
You’ve heard of using a mask for your face to leave your skin rejuvenated and refreshed, so why not use a mask for your lips as well?
For an easy, natural lip mask, combine one rip banana, a few drops of honey and a teaspoon of sour cream and mix. Apply for up to 10 minutes and rinse to reveal soft, hydrated lips.
Another excellent DIY lip mask can be made by muddling strawberry and kiwis together with a few drops of vitamin E. The rich levels of antioxidants, including vitamin C, in these two fruits go to work immediately to boost collagen production and cellular turnover to leave your lips refreshed and silky smooth.
#4 – Don’t Forget the Balm
Finally, with those hot summer days upon us, be sure to swipe on your favorite lip balm on a regular basis, at least once every hour to keep your lips richly moisturized.
So how do you choose the best balm for your lips?
Well, here’s the four natural ingredients that we’ve included in our brand new Lip Balm Treatment that you should be look for:
- Jojoba seed oil - Full of nutrients like Vitamin E and B, along with antioxidants and minerals including chromium, copper, and zinc, jojoba nourishes and protects the fragile skin of your lips.
- Avocado oil - A great source of essential fatty acids, avocado is deeply moisturizing, soothing chapped lips and boosting collagen for an added plump.
- Shea butter - Shea butter combines rich fatty acids plus the protection of powerful antioxidants to smooth, soften, and plump dry, irritated lips.
- Vitamin E - Vitamin E relieves dry, chapped lips and promotes healthy cellular turnover to help you maintain a soft, youthful texture and reduce the signs of aging.
It’s specifically formulated to hydrate and smooth your lips for fun in the sun or a night on the town.
After all, miraculously beautiful lips are just a part of the miracle that is you!